- Pretending I live the hectic, competitive, and mostly very rewarding life of a daily newspaper reporter for a month at the Illawarra Mercury
- Cauliflower – roasted cauliflower with salt, pepper and olive oil, Stone Soup’s cauliflower soup, cauliflower & macaroni cheese bake with prosciutto (at least one recipe coming soon)
- My little brother – for being so very patient and understanding with dad, looking after mum and graduating with distinction from his science degree tomorrow.
- Election fever
- The high dependency unit and coronary ward of the Wollongong Hospital where my dad has been for a week and a half. Also, thinking he was going to die last Wednesday night. One of the hardest weeks of my life.
- Freezing cold weather – it’s just crossed the line between pleasantly chilly and bone-chilling (for temperate Australian winters) cold.
- The recent neglect of poor morris the bird. See first point on each of these lists for why. Will try harder.